Friday, December 2, 2011

White Chocolate Cherry Smore's Waffles

Hey all!  Happy Friday!

Hope you had a good week.  Mine was long and tiring.  But, only a few more weeks to go before another major holiday and break!  I know I can't wait.

You know what I haven't had in a while that I'm missing?

Waffles........


Yeah.  Waffles.  They just make me so happy!  =)

I took a basic recipe (the one I did for smore's waffles) and made it White Chocolate Cherry Smore's Waffles.  They were DANK (my word for straight up awesome!)

Here's how I did it:

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I was given a coupon to sample some of the Duncan Hines Comstock Fruit Filling in exchange for a post.  Now, I know most people use said filling for pies...or cookies...or crumbles of some sort.  But, nope...not me.  I used mine to top waffles.  And it was nothing short of amazing.


I was worried it would be too sweet to top the waffle with.  I was worried the cherries wouldn't have any bite.  That it would just be heavily artificial cherry flavor.  Honestly, it wasn't.  It smelled like cherries and even had the tart bite of cherries with my first spoonful.  It wasn't even super duper sweet like I expected it to be (it is a pie filling and all).  It was very delicious...and then I dreamed of other ways to top things like ice cream, french toast, pancakes...and even oatmeal (I know it would perk up a bowl of warm oat-y goodness).  Yes, the majority of those things are breakfast foods, but I could eat breakfast all the time and be completely okay (1-2 might have different ideas....he's not a breakfast for any meal other than breakfast type of guy).  So, I may have to keep this idea to the morning time...but for me, it sure was tasty for dinner!  I know Ashley enjoyed them too (hey girl!)



The waffles were insanely easy.  You don't even need milk...or eggs.  You just need Bisquick (or your pancake mix of choice), graham crackers (I had honey), cinnamon, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips, and water.  Mix and pour onto a hot waffle iron.  ***Note:  please use cooking spray...the marshmallows can make the waffles stick more to the iron***

Have a great weekend...and go make some waffles!

See you soon!
~B



White Chocolate Cherry Smore's Waffles
adapted from this post

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 cup Bisquick (I used the heart smart variety)
3 graham crackers, crushed into small and extra small pieces (I used Honey Grahams this time)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
heaping 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
heaping 1/4 cup marshmallows
3/4 cup water
nonstick cooking spray
can of cherry pie filling (I used Comstock brand)

Directions:
1.  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Add water and mix thoroughly until all is combined.  Preheat waffle iron.
2.  Ladle batter onto center of waffle iron, WHICH HAS BEEN GENEROUSLY SPRAYED WITH COOKING SPRAY, and cook until degree of desired doneness.
3.  Top with cherry pie filling if desired.  (Note:  I also had butter on the waffle before topping it with the filling).  You could also just use butter and syrup like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment