Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ch ch changes.....

Hey there!  Happy Wednesday...almost to Friday...but closer to December....

Cool right?

Eh...right.  =)

I'm gonna start out with my thankful thought of the day...its my last one in November.  I'm thankful for Ginger, my 8 year old pup.  She had quite a health scare and spent yesterday in the vet all day.  She's now at home snuggling me while I am typing.  I'm so thankful she is here safe with her mom.  She's also clean too (I bathed her upon her coming home!).  She's been such a sweet presence in my life the past 8 years....her wagging nub (she's had her tail docked) and her big ears just keep me laughing.  Love you Gingy!

Okay, so as my title suggests...things are a changin' around my house.

S moved out on Monday.  And I'm prepping my house for a new roomie...

Lots of cleaning and tidying up to do.  I'm also purging things...I took 4 bags to Salvation Army Monday afternoon and I just keep finding more stuff I don't use/need/want anymore. 

I feel as if I need to close one chapter of my life and open up a new one...if that makes sense?

Well, all this time cleaning means little time for cooking....enter frozen meals from 1-2's grandma!  She made a veggie soup that totally hit the spot last night....and what goes better with soup than:


crackers and hummus right????

Bet you thought I was going to say grilled cheese.  =)

As a part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers Program, I got a free sample of Sabra hummus in exchange for a post.  I just couldn't turn this down.  I love their original hummus...so much so that its the only hummus I buy...until now.

I got the roasted red pepper to try.  To be honest, I've always been kinda freaked out at the prospect of the stuff in the middle of the hummus.  Maybe its a texture thing?  I mean, I like the creamy hummus itself, but maybe I worry about the freshness of the glob in the middle?  I don't know.  Sometimes I'm weird.

But, I do love roasted red peppers.  So, I thought I'd give it a try.


The ingredients were short and easy to read.  I understood them and realized the stuff in the middle was actually real food.  My first taste of this stuff was on a spoon.  Verdict:  Yummy!  I liked how creamy it was and how it wasn't overpowered by the red peppers at all.  I was afraid it was going to be too full of garlic or to roasted red peppery for my taste.  It wasn't at all.  I kinda expected it to be spicy as well.  And I was a very happy girl with that first bite when I realized it wasn't.  So, the next bite was more like a glob of it...next to my saltines for some dipping perfection.


I even got some of the middle that I had always been irrationally fearful of.  I turned over some of it because roasted red peppers are actually inside the hummus (under the middle).  I also thought that the flavoring of the hummus was just in the middle, not throughout.  I can't vouch for the other ones, but I loved this fact!  Makes me feel like I'm actually getting lots of roasted red peppers (hey they are colorful and nutritious...hummus is totally a vessel for veggies!).

It was delicious.  A definite score if you are looking for a way to switch up your normal flavor of hummus!

Thanks Sabra and Foodbuzz!

Take care!

See you in December~
B

No comments:

Post a Comment