Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Banana Dark Chocolate Smores Waffles.....

I interrupt my regularly scheduled post to bring you this......




See, I was going to do something very fall-ish and healthy....an ode to one of my fave state fair creations......



However, I made these last night and I can't stop thinking about them...so I figured instead of obsessing alone, I should tell you so we can obsess together....



I think I'll share the other post I had planned on Friday.  

But you ask, "Can love/obsession/devotion happen that quickly Brooke?"




Yes, it can.  Ask Edward and Bella.  Or not if you don't like the Twilight series (while I actually used to obsess over that, I definitely don't anymore). Just take my word for it. 

My romance novels now come in the form of cookbooks and recipes and blog posts and food shows and cooking club meetings and food memoirs......and oh yeah....

Maple syrup.  Lots and lots of maple syrup.


These also were very quick and easy.  Just 5 ingredients.  Most you probably already have in your kitchen.  Or, if you don't, this will make you want to go out and buy them to have them in your kitchen for those moments when a little chocolate is necessary....and marshmallows...and graham crackers too.....

I am so mad at myself for actually waiting so long to make these.  I put them in my "to make" file 4th of July week.  I just uncovered them as I was deleting old emails.  Glad I found them.  These are a new fave in my house. 


I know I say to make each and every recipe I create (I wouldn't be a food blogger if I didn't want to share my recipes with the world)....but you.must.make.this.recipe!!!!

Top it with bananas and maple syrup.  Top it with just maple syrup.  Or no syrup at all. The cool thing about cooking is you can top this waffle with whatever you would like.  Since I was needing fruit, I went with bananas.  And syrup.  Not a waffle for me without syrup.


Let me know what you think!

Fruit on waffles:  Is it a do or don't in your book?  I'd love to know.

Enjoy!
See ya'll Friday! 
~B =)


Banana Dark Chocolate S'mores Waffles
inspired by Crumbs and Chaos

serves 2 (if using belgian waffle maker) or 4 if using a square waffle iron

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 cup Bisquick pancake mix (I used Heart Smart variety)
3 cinnamon graham crackers, crushed (doesn't have to be uniform pieces, I had some little and some big pieces--you can also use honey graham or even chocolate grahams for extra chocolate flavor)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup mini marshmallows
3/4 cup of water
For topping (optional, feel free to customize for whatever you are craving):
butter
bananas
maple syrup

Directions:
1.  Preheat waffle iron. 
2.  Mix Bisquick, grahams, chocolate chips, and marshmallows together in large bowl.
3.  Add water and stir to combine.  Marshmallows will float and batter smells amazing.
4.  Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.  Ladle batter into iron and cook until it reaches desired level of golden brown.
5.  Remove from iron.  Top with butter, bananas, syrup...or whatever your heart desires.
6.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment