Monday, December 5, 2011

Starting another week....

 Afternoon!  Happy Monday.  Hope all had a nice weekend.

As I talked about last week, there are changes all around my house.  On top of the cleaning, purging, and organizing....its also the holiday stuff.  The cookie baking (yes, I did that...recipe to come!), the holiday parties, and the decorating.  I have no idea when I'm going to get any of that other stuff (the parties and the decorating done...my to-do list is out of control!)

Again, I'm in need of something quick. Pasta and chicken to the rescue. 



It doesn't look super beautiful...but it was super easy and super filling.

I love rigatoni pasta.  Its not too big, or too small...but juuuuust right.  And I love the lines that cling to the chicken and the sauce here.  Plus, it gets stuck in the holes too...so flavor envelopes the carby goodness!


This recipe was easy.  It was a rotisserie chicken, rigatoni pasta, bag of steamed veggies, and some Philly Cooking Creme, and some leftover pasta water.

Gee...do you sense a trend here?  I just really need a starch + protein + veggies + some type of cheese = a delicious meal.  I can do alot with that equation.

Heck, its the only math equation I can do.  I'll let you in on a little secret....

I. CAN'T. DO. MATH.

Its just not something that comes easily to me.  In fact, 1-2 and my friend Kim can tell you all about how I don't even add/subtract/multiply/divide correctly.  Its humorous to them.  I think they want to say "bless her heart" every time I make a huge mistake.  And, it isn't just the hard math problems..but easy ones most of all (those are the most embarrassing).
For example, yesterday, 1-2 asked me what 1 + 1 was.  Easy....2.  Then, he asked 1 X 1 was.  I, of course, in that moment, said 2....

Yeah, I made a mistake. 

I knew it the second I said it.  He just laughed, and sweetly corrected me with, "No honey...its 1".  I love that man.  I'm sure he was laughing hysterically on the inside.  But, he was able to control it for my shamed self.  Maybe I need to go back and teach basic math facts to 2nd or 3rd graders...and then teach myself at the same time.  =)

I'm glad I can cook instead.  I won't be winning any sort of math awards for my ability to work with numbers.


Enjoy!
May you be thankful this week....for something, anything.  Your job, your car, your home.  Heck, even the hot water you took a shower with this morning.  Slow down.  Take time for you.  You are worth it.

Thanks for reading!
~B

Creamy Chicken Pasta with Veggies

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 lb box rigatoni, cooked, with 3/4 cup pasta water reserved before draining
3/4 of a 10 oz. tub of Italian Cheese and Herb Philly Cooking Creme
1 bag steamable veggies (whatever mix you like)

Directons:
1.  Cook pasta as directed on package, salting the water once it comes to a boil.  Drain, and reserve pasta water.
2.  As pasta is cooking, shred the chicken.  Place chicken in large bowl.
3.  Steam veggies.  Dump hot veggies into mixing bowl.  Place hot pasta in bowl and toss together.
4.  Add cooking creme in 2 big spoonful batches, stirring to incorporate.  Add pasta water, about 1/3 of a cup at a time, to make sure its the creamy consistency you desire.

Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment