Friday, October 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pasta with Peas


Classy right?  I mean, nothing says love like a bunch of cracked black pepper and a Bud Light.

Ohhhhhh wait, you are here for the pasta aren't you?

Well, then, let me talk to you about this.

I created this while walking the aisles of Piggly Wiggly.  I had ZERO idea as to what to make for dinner.  1-2 and I had something planned that night, but we didn't want to spend the money to go out to dinner.  Plus, its always fun to eat in...drink a beer (I've been known on occasion to do so) and talk. 

Needless to say, I was wandering aimlessly around hoping that an idea would just hit me out of the blue. 

It actually did.


While wandering the aisles, I came across rotisserie chicken on sale...and they had just been put out.

I then saw some Texas Pete and that was all she wrote...Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pasta.

The peas were thrown in for nutrition, but I realized they looked great in there.......so cute and green..great color to jazz up an otherwise neutral looking dish. 


1-2 still can't stop raving about it.  He wants me to make it all the time now.  It was so simple....I think I just might.  All you need is a rotisserie chicken, hot sauce, butter, shredded cheese, ranch dressing, and peas.  That is it.  My rule of thumb is 1 stick of butter per 12 oz of hot sauce. 

And black pepper, should you have the need for such a thing on your dishes. 

I didn't realize how much I actually peppered things until I started photographing them....

I'm embarrassed.......or, not...

I still generously pepper my portions though.  Can't help it.  Guess I need a little spice in my life ;)

This is a great dinner to get to the table quickly.  It was ready for us in 15 minutes, thanks to the wonderful rotisserie ovens provided to us by the grocery store. 

Maybe that is why I don't touch raw chicken...I can go and get a cooked one instead. 

Either way you do it (make your own chicken or buy one pre made), this dish didn't last long. 

Won't you make it tonight?



Happy Friday!

Enjoy!
See ya'll soon~
B


HAPPY BIRTHDAY 1-2!!!!  I LOVE YOU!



Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pasta with Peas


Ingredients:
1 rotisserie chicken (I used lemon pepper flavor), shredded (I used both light/dark meat, but you can use what you prefer)
1/3 to 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 pound medium shell pasta
salt
pepper
1/2 stick butter
6 oz-8oz hot sauce (depending on how "flaming" you want your buffalo sauce to be)
1 to 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 to 1/3 cup ranch dressing (depending on how creamy you want it to be)

Directions:
1.  Shred chicken leaving small and medium bite sized pieces.  Place into big mixing bowl.
2.  Boil water and cook pasta according to directions on box, salting the water once it comes to a boil.  In last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add in the peas to finish thawing and warm.
3.  In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium low heat until melted.  Add in your hot sauce and stir until warmed through.  Pour over chicken in bowl; stir until chicken is coated.
4.  Drain pasta and peas.  Pour both into mixing bowl with chicken and sauce.  Stir to combine.  Add in shredded cheese, one handful at a time, mixing as you go.  Once cheese is incorporated, add ranch dressing as the final touch.  Stir in a spoonful at a time until you reach your desired level of creamy consistency.  
5.  Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of black pepper (optional) and a beer (again, another option).

Very easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment