Monday, October 17, 2011

Pesto Pasta with Veggies, and Cannellini Beans

Happy National Pasta Day!!!  I couldn't go one more minute without wishing you that. ;)

And just random aside, did you know the 15th of October (this past Saturday) was Sweetest Day?

Umm...when was that created?  And what is Sweetest Day exactly? Did anyone celebrate it?

I digress...I must get to this pasta recipe for the day:


I get on kicks and then just run them into the ground. 

For instance, I've done Zumba 3 times a week since August 3, 2011 and I'm burned out on it now. 

I've eaten the same breakfast for the past 2 months straight....and I'm burned out on that.

Luckily, pasta is one of those things you just don't get burned out on...because you have so many things to do with it.

Am I the only one who goes through this?  What do I need to do?  I need new workout ideas and breakfast ideas....STAT!!!!

Thank goodness dinner I am a bit more creative than I am for workouts and breakfasts.....



This recipe was nothing more than making pasta, steaming veggies, adding pesto, and mixing in beans and cheese.

It was amazing.

Did I mention I love pesto? 


Did I mention its Monday?  And no one likes to be at work on a Monday....so you need a fast, easy meal like this for dinner to celebrate Monday being over!

Or...maybe that is me. 


Celebrate or not, this pasta is a great dish to salute this holiday. 

How about it?

What are you making tonight for dinner?  How do I get out of my workout/breakfast rut?

Enjoy!
See ya'll soon~
B


Pesto Pasta with Veggies and Cannellini Beans

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 pound linguini
salt
1/2 of a 8 oz jar of pesto (I used Classico variety...originial basil pesto)
1 bag steamable veggies (my mix had broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, and snap peas)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (for topping)
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.

Directions:
1.  Cook pasta as directed on package, adding salt to water when water comes to a boil.  After pasta is al dente, drain and place into large bowl.
2.  Steam veggies in the microwave as directed on package.  When finished, drain and mix with pasta in large bowl.
3.  Drain and rinse beans.  Add in to pasta and veggie mixture. 
4.  Stir in pesto, one spoonful at a time, until you reach your desired level of taste and texture.  Stir well to combine.  To serve, scoop into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment