Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quick Post...and Meal

Happy Monday before Thanksgiving!

I know you don't have alot of time.  In fact, I appreciate you even coming to read my blog during this crazy week.  Most of you don't have anytime at all.  Work weeks are short, school weeks are short...and your travel plans may take you far away from your home which means packing, laundry, organizing before you go so you won't be super stressed when you get back.

Whew!  That is alot.....so my post will be brief...as will this meal idea.  =)

I'm not sure about you, but some nights you don't want to be creative.  You just want to slap a few things together and call it dinner.  This was one of those meals.  Perfect for a crazy busy, pre-turkey day meal.


Nothing fancy.  Just cooked chicken breast tenders I had in the freezer, a bag of frozen steamable veggies (broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, and edamame), brown rice (I made instant 10 minute rice on the stovetop), and about 1/4 of a container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme.  The flavor I used was Italian Cheese & Herb.  This isn't a product review per se...just a product I'd bought and tried myself.  My co-worker (hey Rebecca!) raved about this stuff...so I thought I would try it.

She was right.  This stuff provides alot of flavor and its so simple to use.


Made for a verrrrry quick meal on a night I didn't have alot of time, but did not want drive thru fast food.

I wish I'd had more of this stuff...it was so filling!  I didn't really add any seasonings (other than salt and pepper)...I let the creme do that for me!


I know you may get tired of turkey this week.  This could also help to liven up those tastebuds when turkey, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes are too dull to eat....again.


See...quick post!  Have a great Monday!  I'll be back Wednesday with a very exciting recipe!

I'm thankful for a short week this week.   I need it after such a lengthy illness.  I'm not used to being completely laid up..and now that I'm feeling better...I want to make sure I stay that way and get the rest I need to come back fully.  I just hit the gym yesterday after 8 days off...and I want to ease back in slowly. 

Enjoy~
B

Italian Chicken and Rice


Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken tenders, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces (seasoned with salt and pepper)
brown rice, 4 servings worth (prepared according to package directions)
1 bag steamable veggies (any kind will do..mine was a baby broccoli blend)
1/4 of a 10 oz container of Philly Cooking Creme, Italian Cheese and Herbs flavor

Directions:
1.  Make rice to serve 4 people according to package directions.  Pour into large bowl once cooked and drained.
2.  Mix warmed, cooked chicken (I defrosted & reheated in microwave...but you can cook it right there too) with rice.
3.  Steam veggies in bag according to directions.  Mix with rice and chicken.
4.  Add cooking creme and mix well, allowing the heat from the chicken, rice, and veggies to heat the sauce.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment