Thursday, November 17, 2011

Self Care.....

Today, I want to talk about self care.  What is it to you?  To be honest, I have no real clue.  I don't do a good job of taking care of myself.  Yes, I bathe, put on clothes, and look pulled together for everyone....but, truth is, I have a tendency to not allow myself to stop when I need to, and rest or sleep or laugh...just because.  I keep going and pushing to milk all I can out of this task or that one.  And time after time, I end up sick (like this time..I'd been going super hard for about 5 weeks...and my body just collapsed and couldn't deal anymore).

This week ends with a MAJOR meeting at work.  I'm so nervous I don't know if I'll sleep tonight.  (Note:  I didn't).  My appetite was back and I was craving comfort food.  So, in an attempt to care for myself that is what I made.  Enter the ever fabulous and super sexy.......Tater Tot Nachos......


Wait.  What?  Tater Tots.....as a nacho chip?

Well, yes.  Why not?


They were delicious.  Satisfying.  Comforting.  Self-caring.  Exquisite.

They just don't scoop like a chip....so a fork is necessary here.



Honestly, you hardly need a recipe.  Just mix your fave toppings together for nachos and top them over hot taters.  I bet you have a bag of tots in the freezer...imagine the possibilities......who knew they could be the new tortilla chip???

What do you do to care for yourself when you are stressed/sick/sad?  

I am thankful today for Miranda Lambert.  I don't talk about it much, but she is the WOMAN.   She is an amazing singer/songwriter/female.  I have a mega girl crush state on her...even 1-2 knows this.  Her new album, Four the Record is fantastic!!!!  Her songs are so rich and deep and convey a different emotion with each track.  I'm just captivated by her voice and words and melodies.  And everyday this week, I've felt one of her emotions she's sung about.  And its been amazing to get physically better and release some of my emotional stress with her music.  And I love the fact she's a strong woman who can kick your ass, love you, empower you, and kill a deer all at once.  Maybe one day I'll meet her...but I have no idea if I would even speak I'd be so starstruck! How's that for being cool?  I'm going to see her in January.....I.CANNOT.WAIT! =)



 Enjoy!
Have a great weekend~
B

Tater Tot Nachos
inspired by Lynn's Kitchen Adventures

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
3/4 of a 2 lb bag frozen tater tots (I used Great Value brand...they are my favorite!)
1 pound ground turkey
salt
pepper
1/2 to 2/3 cup salsa (depends on how saucy you want the meat)
1 bag steam in bag southwestern corn mix (I used Birds Eye brand)
1/3 cup shredded cheese, for topping
salsa, for serving

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven as directed on package.  Spread tots out in single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook as directed on package.  Remove from oven once they are done.
2.  While tots are cooking, salt and pepper your meat to taste and place into a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and placed over medium heat.  Cook until no longer pink, turning to break up the meat, about 7-8 minutes.
3.  Pour salsa, about 1/3 of a cup at a time to see the consistency of the mixture.  If you like less, add less.  If you like more, add more.  No problem!
4.  Microwave the corn while you are cooking the meat per directions on the package.  Pour into meat mixture and combine.
5.  To serve, take a portion of the tots and put into a plate.  Top with meat and sprinkle with cheese.  Allow the heat of the tots and meat to melt the cheese.  Serve with extra salsa if you would like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment