CONFESSION: This week has been rough, both personally and professionally. Just haven't felt like being creative or really doing anything at all.
This picture of my pup sums up how I've felt (sad) and what I've wanted to do (curl up and hide out)....
But even though this is what I feel like doing, I just don't think I look as cute as she does laying there like that......
And pesto pizza at that! I am still dreaming about this meal I made...me and my roomie S couldn't get enough of it.....so glad I only made 1 pizza...if not, we'd be in trouble with our scales....
The instructions are simple....
Mix up the pizza dough! I can't say enough about my Great Value Pizza crust! Its fantastic and so easy to use! Just follow the directions (and you can't beat the price.... $0.44 in my local Walmart!)
Once that is ready to be topped, then use the pesto as the sauce, top with chopped tomatoes and red peppers, and sprinkle with both kinds of cheese. Bake until gooey perfection. And eat alot of it....we definitely had no leftovers in our house!
See ya'll soon~
Tomato, Red Pepper, Pesto Pizza
inspired by Baked Bree
Print this recipe!
1 lb pizza crust (either prepped from a bag mix or store bought)
nonstick cooking spray (for pizza crust not to stick)
cornmeal (also to aid the crust from sticking to your pan)
1 jar basil pesto (or any variety you have on hand)
1 roma tomato, sliced thin
1/2 jar (6 oz or so) roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Prepare pizza crust as directed on package, pre-baking if necessary to prep for topping. Spray pan for pizza with nonstick spray and a sprinkling of cornmeal to help easily remove crust once baked.
2. Chop tomatoes and red peppers in bite sized pieces.
3. Once your crust is prepared, then lay your pesto down as your sauce (almost 1/4 cup or so for a thin layer).
4. Sprinkle tomatoes and red peppers over pesto.
5. Top with cheeses, both feta and mozzarella.
6. Bake as directed for your crust (mine was 475 degrees for 9-11 minutes).
7. Slice and serve. Enjoy the pesto deliciousness!