Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipe Re-creation: Ranch Coleslaw

So, you've got this elaborate main course planned.  You've spent hours agonizing over finding the recipe, creating the grocery list, and purchasing your food.....

Oh, maybe that is just me.....you should see the notebooks and recipes I've collected, printed, torn out of magazines, and bought over the past few years......

You see, I think food is a way to celebrate family, love, conversation, and connection.  So, I want everything to rock....from the water I usually serve (okay, so that is the city's problem) to the main course I fix.

Sadly, I am not creative when it comes to sides.  I thought they had to be elaborate.  Exotic.  Even funky.

I didn't realize sometimes the simplest tastes just really make a meal...here is one of those all occasion sides that I get asked to fix all the time when I'm cooking dinner for my closest family and friends.

Enter Ranch Coleslaw...and it couldn't be simpler or quicker. 


Basically, this recipe takes two ingredients:

coleslaw mix (16 oz bag), and a little tiny jar of ranch dressing


So simple....I usually make it in two batches from 1 bag of coleslaw....take 1/2 the bag of slaw and pour in 1/4-1/3 cup of ranch dressing.  Mix well with salad tongs.  Chill for about 20 minutes.  Serve.

Couldn't be easier to make.  Plus, it works well as a side for burgers, sammies, pizza, and even pasta. 

You could also customize with whatever dressing you want.  I just find that down here, ranch is the most universal choice of dressing. 


What???  You don't serve your coleslaw in a wine goblet? 





Enjoy!

See ya'll soon~
B

Ranch Coleslaw for 2...but easily able to be doubled
inspired by Kraft Foods

Ingredients:
1 16 oz bag shredded coleslaw mix
1 8oz jar light ranch dressing
pepper, optional

Directions:

1.  Using 1/2 of the bag of coleslaw, pour into a large bowl.
2.  Mix in 1/4 to 1/3 cup ranch dressing and stir well.  Add more ranch if desired.  I like a good coating.
3.  Add pepper if desired.
4.  Chill for 20 minutes. 
5.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment