Monday, May 30, 2011

Recipe Re-creation: Kitchen Sink Pasta (or...what to fix when you have nothing to fix)

Sometimes I'm uninspired.  No creativity whatsoever.  Brain is fried.  But, I'm still hungry and want something nutritious and fun for dinner.  Enter my Kitchen Sink pasta.  Its very simple and easily customizable.  Basically, I just open up the pantry, pull out some canned goods and get cooking.


Pasta.  I could eat it mornin, noon, and night.  Orzo, farfalle, penne, bucatini, spaghetti, ditalini, you name it, I love it.  Cheesy, creamy, tomatoy (is that a word?) sauces...I love them all.  For me, its comfort food to the max...well, besides m and m's and cool whip...but, that is a different post for a different day.....


Onto the food.....for this dish, I used whole wheat penne, canned tomatoes, jar of pasta sauce, canned chickpeas, canned peas, canned corn, and cubes of mozzarella.......





Basically, I just cooked the pasta in one dish and while that was going, I added everything into another sauce pan and let it heat through.  Then, I combined the pasta with the sauce and added the cheese on top and mixed well.  It made alot of food, so that is great because I can put them in tupperware and store for lunches or dinners for days/nights when I'm feeling uninspired again.....


On that note, I'm going to enjoy this pasta while indulging in my shows I missed this week (The Voice anyone????)

See ya'll soon~
B

No comments:

Post a Comment