Monday, May 30, 2011

Frugal, Fun Friday: Turkey, Bacon, Mozzarella Club Sammies

Well, as I was racking my brain trying to impress you with my creative culinary skills, I had a sudden urge for bacon....and, when that urge hits, its serious........like I.must.have.it.now!!!!!!!

So, I couldn't just eat a slab a bacon by myself (well...I could, but that is a whole other story)....so I figured a homemade club sammie was a cheap, fun, and quick way to get my bacon fix!

So...ingredients needed are:  whole wheat bread, mozzerella (I had the block kind so I sliced some off), bacon (of course), turkey, mustard, and whatever other condiments you want in order to perfect your version of the sammie......

Easy quick preparation: 

1.  Brown your bacon (sorry for the blurry pic).  If you get the chance, cook with/get a cast iron skillet...it will change your life!


2.  Drain cooked bacon on paper towel.


3.  Place slices of mozzarella (or any type of cheese you'd like..havarti, swiss, pepper jack, etc) on bread.  Top other bread slice with mustard, mayo, whatever floats your boat!






4.  Next, layer bacon, and turkey on the sammie.  Toast until desired degree of doneness.  Slice and serve.  Yummy!









Yum!  I could so eat one right now..............


See ya'll soon~
B

No comments:

Post a Comment