Friday, November 4, 2011

Birthdays and Bean Dip......

Happy Friday!

Doesn't Ginger look so excited its Friday...she's already ready to chill out!

I bet you are wondering what happened to my polka dot blog design aren't you (or....are you?).

I gave a mega overhaul of the format as a gift to my blog because its my blog's first birthday!  I can't believe its been 1 year since I had the idea to start a blog.  I'd been following them for a while, but was scared to start my own.  I just started with a recipe...no photos, no story, no nothing.  It was simple and uncomplicated.

In fact, so uncomplicated, I maybe blogged for 2 months....then stopped.  I felt it tug at me in early May 2011.  I didn't know what I wanted to say, only that I wanted to speak.  I decided to "prepify" my blog a bit with polka dots, stripes, and houndstooth patterns.  But, recently, I've felt the need for something different.

I wanted my blog to return to its roots....with a simple background and title.  No real frills...just food and the stories that make up my life.  Nothing more than that.  I hope you enjoy it.  I personally dig it!

The other thing I want to celebrate with is a quick bean dip I came up with the other night.



You know the feeling don't you?  You come home from work, not wanting to cook, but needing something delicious to eat.  You stare at your pantry and your fridge....with both doors open I might add...asking yourself what you can make.  Usually, after 5 minutes, I close both doors and huff away, declare, "I have nothing to eat"....and then make a bowl of cereal and sulk while I munch away. 

But, instead of frowning into my soggy flakes, I decided I want to dip and crunch...so I went searching.  I had no tortilla chips.  No problem...a torn up pita toasted in the toaster would be somewhat close to the crunch I wanted.  And for the dip, I had a can of black beans and half a can of corn left....and barbeque sauce????



Yeah, I didn't think the combo would work....but man did it!  It was very delicious, quick, and satisfying.



Really, there was no recipe.  Just mix all 3 together, heat up on the stove until warm and top with cheese.  Dip and scoop your way to happiness. 



I felt content.  This would be good on a pizza as well with cheese....mmmm cheese. =)

Would you like some? 

Okay...here ya go! 



Enjoy!

And...to not forget my challenge....today, I'm thankful for my ability to see.  Being able to observe wildlife and the fall colors help me to stop and breathe and remember how awesome God is.  He created this whole world to work in harmony with one another.  I stand in awe of His world.  If you want to be thankful too...check this out!


 
Have a great weekend~
B

Easy BBQ Black Bean Dip

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 can (15oz) corn, drained and rinsed
1/3 to 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (I used what I had left, which was around 1/3 cup or so)

Directions:
1.  Pour beans and corn into small saucepan.  Heat on medium low.
2.  Put into bowl.  Serve with chips, torn pita, crackers, whatever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment