Monday, August 29, 2011

My Chocolate "Monstrosities"

Well, I'm back.  Trying to emerge from the start of the school year again and getting my head back on straight.  I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Like I said in my last post, I haven't been cooking that much.  But, I have had a few glimmers of my culinary self.  I'm not a baker by any means.  But, that doesn't stop me from trying it.

I made these:


I call them my chocolate monstrosities.  The only reason is because they are super free form.  I don't make them look pretty.  Just mix, dip, and scoop.  I've seen these called "Yum Yum Brownie Muffins".  These have been a weight loss favorite for years, as they have been low in points (if you use that terminology).  I don't use that terminology, but I just think they are fantastic.  My roommate and neighbor love it when I tell them that my monstrosities are baking in the oven. 

The ingredients are so simple.....

15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 box devil's food cake mix

That is it.  Mix the two together (batter is thick...but delectable).  Bake as directed and then serve.

I love these mixed with ice cream...or cool whip....

Wait....doesn't that negate the healthy nature of these treats?

ahh...well, just don't tell anyone okay?

Its good to be back.  See you Wednesday! 




My Chocolate Monstrosities

Print this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 box devils food cake mix

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven as directed on package. 
2.  Mix two ingredients together.  Batter will be thick.
3.  Scoop batter in muffin tin that has been lined and sprayed with nonstick spray.
4.  Bake as directed.
5.  Store in airtight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment