Monday, May 16, 2011

Waffle Wednesday Archive: Ham and Cheese Waffles

As you’ve seen on the blog, sweet waffles are my thing.  Chocolate chips, yes.  Cinnamon, absolutely.  Savory waffles?  Umm…not so much.  (Bacon waffles don’t count….as far as I’m concerned, bacon is its own food group!)  However, I thought I would give it a whirl, as ham and cheese sammies are some of my favorite…melty cheese, warm ham….mmmm that is comfort food right there…….and isn’t ham another version of bacon…I mean, they both come from a pig….anyways, I digress……….


My ingredients were fairly simple, but made an amazing waffle.  I served mine with butter and apple butter (yes, I’m weird, but it really was good).  You could also serve with butter and maple syrup.
Ingredients:
nonstick cooking spray
2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick Baking Mix
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1% milk)
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese (I used what I had on hand….preshredded cheddar, but any variety will do)
1/2 cup ham, diced into little cubes (I took honey ham lunch meat and warmed it in a skillet on low heat just so it would release more of its hammy flavor)
1.  Preheat waffle iron.  Use this time to chop the ham and put it in a skillet to warm up.
2.  Mix dry ingredients.  Add in eggs, milk, cheese, and ham and whisk together until just combined.
3.  Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.  Spread batter onto waffle iron and cook as directed.  Remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.  Serve with fruit, butter, and syrup!  Hearty, filling, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment