Monday, November 14, 2011

Cinnamon Oat Waffles

I woke up Saturday morning sick.  I mean the whole stuffy, achy, gross feeling.   

And when I'm sick, all I want is carbs.  Straight carbs.  No veggies.  No yogurt.  Just carbs.

And what better way to get my carb cravings in than with a waffle?



Yep.  Sounds great to me. 


I found this as a pancake recipe on Martha Stewart's website.  I have NEVER made any recipe from her site.  Usually, I'm intimidated with her stuff because its got so many ingredients.  But, this one was different.  I had everything in the pantry or fridge.


These were extremely delicious.  Fluffy, hearty, and light.  And it had oats...which means fiber (which is great when nothing is appealing in the veggie world...so I can still feel a bit healthy on my road to recovery).


Here is how I fixed this waffle for my consumption:




Butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and dried cranberries.


It was good...and look how many more I get to have before this batch is through.......could be a very carby start to my week =)



I'm thankful for a warm cup of coffee to soothe my aching throat.  I am also thankful its not super duper cold right now..and that sunshine is still warm on my face. 


Enjoy!
See you Wednesday!
~B




Cinnamon Oat Waffles
adapted from Martha Stewart


Print this recipe!


Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup 1 minute quick oats
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
nonstick cooking spray


Directions:
1.  Preheat waffle iron.  Combine all dry ingredients (flour through rolled oats) in a large bowl.  Set aside.  In a second medium bowl, combine milk through canola oil.
2.  Add wet ingredients into dry.  Mix until just combined.
3.  Ladle batter onto waffle iron sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook until desired level of doneness (per your iron's instructions).
4.  Serve with butter, maple syrup, and whatever other fruit/sweet toppings you want!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment