Monday, August 15, 2011

Cheeseburger Pizza

1-2 was here this past week.  And that usually means just meat and potatoes.  He's not much into green veggies, meatless meals, or beans.  He likes burgers, pizza, and cheese.  Hmm....why don't I combine those and create something we'd both love....


Cheeseburger Pizza.....that was too easy to create...but it sure was yummy!

I'm starting to watch my weight a bit.  Yes, I don't like to discuss it, but I've put on about 20 pounds since I've taken up a desk job and stopped working out.  So, I started this week to work out again.  And I don't want to undo the goodness I've done.  So, here are our portions:

His--no frills, just meat and cheese, and bread

Hers.

I at least needed some greenery around......those steam in bag veggie mixes sure do rock my world. 

How do you satisfy your meat & potatoes cravings?

Enjoy!
See ya'll soon~
Brooke


Cheeseburger Pizza

Ingredients:
1 prepared pizza crust, prepped according to directions (I use Great Value brand)
1 lb ground beef (I used 93% lean)
1 tsp canola oil
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded pizza blend cheese (or whatever you have on hand)

Directions:
1.  Prep pizza crust as directed on package, pre-baking if necessary (mine needs 5 minutes in the oven at 475 before you top it and bake with the toppings on it).
2.  Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add chopped onions and let cook 2-3 minutes until tender and translucent. Salt and pepper ground beef.  Add to pan and cook, stirring to crumble until cooked through.  
3.  To top crust, spread pizza crust out on dough until you leave a 1 inch border all the way around.  Top with ground beef mix.  Top that with cheese.  Bake in oven (again, according to your package directions)...mine is at 475 for 9 more minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.  Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment